Monday, January 21, 2008

Relationships





Here's the best metaphor I can think of for my church and me. Guess who's who? Yes that's right. I'm the cat and the parish is the moose. I'm ready to pounce when things look titillating or tasty and I'm ready to bolt when things are either boring or threatening. Now I don't mean bolt for good, I mean just escape back to the manse for a nap or to curl up (with a book under, of course, my feaux bear skin)
The moose on the other hand can handle (and usually lives) in adverse conditions for extended periods of time. It can seek food and shelter on its own, but needs a good leader to find the really rich air and comfortable dwellings.


Both of these marvelous God-made creatures usually exist in separate altitudes and attitudes. But... as you can see from the photo, sometimes there are rare moments when they, in the quiet and peace of a snowy retreat, find connection and at least for a moment, love.

No comments: